Okay guys, it’s getting ridiculous now. One year, a month and three days ago I came to tumblr, registered and all that stuff. In the whole time I constantly gained some followers (luv you guys, even if we don’t talk much!). Every week I lost a few and gained some more. That was okay. But now - for about, dunno, three months - I gain two followers and loose two on the next day. And that’s it. I have 566 followers today and I bet there’ll be only 564 of you by tomorrow. Normally I wouldn’t worry about this but it’s getting ridiculous now, as I said, because it’s creepily predictable.
So, question time. Why is that? I queue a lot and talk even less, I know that. However, over 500 of you still keep following me (not that I mind - I’m glad!), so it can’t be that. I have a mix of fandom stuff, some writing or photography stuff, and the occasional Benedict reblog-spree, but I warned you about that on my blog, didn’t I? So how come, there are 566/564 of you and this number doesn’t change? I don’t mind if there are 600 of you or 500 but being able to predict the change in my follower count? WHY?
For the past three days I keep seeing something from the corner of my eye. I keep telling myself that I am wearing new glasses and new glasses do have some weird reflections that you have to get used to. But then I think of Doctor Who and am scared.
We hear ourselves with deeper voices because of the resonance of the skull. Now imagine how deep Benedict Cumberbatch’s voice must seem to his own ears.
Tomorrow afternoon: Job interview. Mostly in English, they already warned me about that. In preparation I’ll watch Doctor Who and read Harry Potter.
To thank my amazing followers for sticking with me more than a year and to celebrate a huge follower milestone, here’s a giveaway of some of my favorite books!
There will be two winners and each will get to pick one book from above!
- You must be following eternal-books since this is to thank all my followers!
- Reblog and like the post to enter. Reblog as many times as you like but be considerate to your followers!
- I know some of the books listed above belong to a series, so you may choose from the series provided the book has been published!
- This giveaway is international, I will be ordering from the Book Depository.
- You must be comfortable giving me your address, I promise it will be used to ship your books only.
- The winners will be chosen randomly through a random number generator.
- Your ask box must be open so I can contact you if you win! The chosen winner must respond within 48 hours.
- No giveaway blogs.
- If the book you have chosen is available as paperback or hardcover, you will be able to choose.
- This giveaway ends May 16th, 2014 at 12:00am EST
- If you have any questions contact me HERE!
Again, thank you all for such a wonderful time! i love book blogging because of the other blogs on here, and I want to thank you for that! Good luck and love you all!
It’s funny. I don’t think my sister gets the importance of people like me wanting to work in the media industry. She says, it’s okay not to be paid, because we don’t really “do” something. Our products are ideas and I get it that ideas are not something to be sold and bought like apples or whatever. But then I think of Doctor Who and how Ten changed the fate of Harriet Jones with just six words that formed a simple idea.
Yes, ideas and creativeness are not simple concepts but with a few words, with a carefully chosen picture or, hell, even a comma, creative people like me can turn the event of whole companies. I don’t think payment is too much to ask for.
apparently you can’t be employed by the CIA if you’ve ever illegally downloaded music
breaking news: in 20 years, the CIA will operate out of the president’s basement, staffed by four old men and six guinea pigs
Now the question is, if employees of the NSA can be employes by the CIA? After all, the NSA probably downloaded all of our data - including our music collections.